FOGL Fall Workshop: A is for Author
How to apply for FOGL’s new members-only Author Grant and stage an Awesome Event
Saturday, Oct 22, 2011, 9:30-1 pm
Newton County Library, Covington Branch
7116 Floyd Street NE
Covington, GA 30014
We’re launching a new Grant for Author Programs for FOGL members ONLY at this workshop.
- First, find out how your Friends group can receive a grant of up to $500 for an author event.
- Then panelists share advice on creating a successful program.
- How to find, choose and book authors
- Recruiting event partners and sponsors
- PR, advertising and promotion
- Arranging booksellers and other event logistics
- Working with authors, hospitality and expectations
- 9:30 am Registration and continental breakfast
- 10 am A is for Author program
- Noon Box lunch
- 12:15 pm Author Patricia Sprinkle reading and book signing
- 1 pm Adjournment
Luncheon Author Speaker
Patricia Sprinkle, author of Friday’s Daughter, praised as “A vibrant and heartwarming story of family ties that sometimes strangle but are corded with love.”
Patricia Sprinkle has written twenty mysteries, four novels, and five non-fiction books, including the Thoroughly Southern Mystery Series, the Family Tree Genealogy Series, and the Sheila Travis Mysteries.
The cost (includes continental breakfast and lunch) is:
- $20 for members
- $30 for non-members